Job Posting OPEN
Human Services Supervisor
Summary of position/Objective:
The Human Service Supervisor provides services to individuals with developmental disabilities, brain injuries and/or mental illness who live independently in community settings.
The Human Service Supervisor will manage all aspects related to the ongoing implementation of the Human Service Program. This includes but is not limited to the quality assurance functions daily on all support paperwork and documentation to remain compliant with standards set by Iowa Code, the Social Security Administration, Magellan, Iowa Medicaid Enterprises, and To The Rescue Policies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adheres to and upholds To The Rescue’s values and policies.
- Manages day to day activities of each member assigned to your caseload to maintain and ensure that all supports for essential life services and entitlement programs are met.
- Provides direct care according to the member plan and support needs.
- Update scheduling systems weekly and ensures timecards are accurate.
- Participates in the on-call rotation.
- Maintains direct billable work hours goals for members participating in the Human Services program.
- Ensures coverage of open shifts.
- Completes written case notes daily after each billable service delivered.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with all individuals included in each member’s interdisciplinary team. This can include, but is not limited to case managers, care coordinators, natural supports, medical providers, family members, friends, and others identified by each member.
- Provides medication oversight for each member and ensures medications are available as prescribed.
- Observes and supervises members’ activities.
- Maintains records and prepares reports on services provided.
- Attends training seminars, in-service sessions, and staff meetings.
- Functions effectively as a member of the integrated services team by developing goals and objectives to maximize the independence, growth, and quality of life for our member.
- Monitors member performance on goals and prepares progress reports and other verbal or written reports.
- Develops and implements accommodations and assistive devices as needed.
- Completes documentation accurately and timely as well as other reports requested by counselors, funders, and the accounting department.
- Provides weekly updates on the progress of each member served to the Human Services Coordinator about goal achievement and ongoing supports.
- Ensures all current goals and ongoing supports are provided as stated in the members plan.
- Works directly with the Human Service Coordinator to communicate staffing needs. Completes monthly staffing schedule so that all shifts are covered minimizing overtime.
- Fills in direct hours as needed to ensure coverage.
- Ensures the health and safety of members by monitoring activities, supervising, and intervening in crisis situations.
- Follows and maintains rules applicable to the residential setting to support members being served.
- Reports maintenance requests timely to Human Service Coordinator to address all concerns and needs in the residential home settings for members.
- Provides transportation within the community setting to each member to access resources and maintain ongoing supports and goal development.
- Updates shift changes in Edoc as they occur.
- Reviews payroll for accuracy.
- Honors all aspects of the Member Rights and adhere to all policies of confidentiality
- Follow and adheres to the On-call policy and procedure within the Human Services Department.
- Always represents To The Rescue in a positive and professional manner to all members, co-workers, interdisciplinary teams, and the general public.
- Performs other additional duties as assigned associated with business needs and requirements to support To The Rescue.
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Writing skills
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Have knowledge of auditing and monitoring procedures.
- Have working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff and provide instruction and direction to employees on maintaining compliance with policies, rules and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office that includes Word, Excel, Outlook and the ability to learn computer programs for scheduling and timekeeping.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private vehicle coverage.
Provides supervision, training, and guidance to Direct Support Professional.
Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization. This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays. This position requires hours that exceed a typical 8-hour work day as needed.
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time