Job Posting OPEN
Medical Specialist - Daily Services **$1000.00 Sign-On Bonus**
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of position/Objective:
Specialist provides services to individuals with developmental
disabilities, brain injuries and/or mental illness receiving Daily services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adheres to and upholds To The Rescue’s values and policies
- Manages day to day activities of each member assigned to
your caseload to maintain and ensure that all supports for essential life
services and entitlement programs are met
- Provides direct care according to the member plan and
- Provides Medication Administration to members served as
outlined by the member plan, and policies
- Complete documentation timely to ensure billing of services
- Ensures all current goals and ongoing supports are provided
as stated in the members plan
- Observes and supervises members’ activities
- Attends training seminars, in-service sessions, and staff
- Ensures the health and safety of members by monitoring
activities, supervising, and intervening in crisis situations
- Honors all aspects of the Member Rights and adhere to all
policies of confidentiality
- Always represents To The Rescue in a positive and professional manner
to all members, co-workers, interdisciplinary teams, and the general public
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Medical experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Communication proficiency
- Writing skills
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific
thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Have working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations
- Ability to respond well under pressure
The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must
be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private
Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization.
This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays
dependent upon business need.
Asleep overnight shifts include sleep hours and working
hours. Typical sleep time hours for sleep
overnight shifts are limited to 11:00 PM to 6:00 AM. There may be times when
staff will need to be awake during all overnight shift related hours based on
Employees working awake overnight shifts are expected to be
awake the entire shift and receives a shift differential.
The work environment is variable, anywhere from office
setting to a hospital/clinic to out in the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to
sit, stand, walk, reach, and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
Frequent travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this
position. Occasionally travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.