Job Posting OPEN
Day Program Lead
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of position/Objective:
The Day Program Lead
provides services to individuals with developmental disabilities, brain
injuries and/or mental illness who live independently in community settings.
The Day Program
manage all aspects related to the ongoing implementation of the Human Service
Program. This includes but is not
limited to the quality assurance functions daily on all support paperwork and
documentation to remain compliant with standards set by Iowa Code, the Social
Security Administration, Managed Care Organizations, Iowa Medicaid Enterprises,
and To The Rescue Policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adheres to and upholds To The Rescue’s values and policies
- Manages day to day activities of each member assigned to
your caseload to maintain and ensure that all supports for essential life
services and entitlement programs are met
- Provides direct care according to the member plan and
- Completes written case notes daily after each billable
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships
with all individuals included in each member’s interdisciplinary team. This can include, but is not limited to case
managers, care coordinators, natural supports, medical providers, family
members, friends, and others identified by each member
- Provides medication oversight for each member and ensures
medications are available as prescribed
- Observes and supervises members’ activities
- Functions effectively as a member of the Human Service team
by developing goals and objectives to maximize the independence, growth, and
quality of life for our member
- Monitors member performance on goals and prepares progress
reports and other verbal or written reports
- Develops and implements accommodations and assistive devices
- Ensures all current goals and ongoing supports are provided
as stated in the members plan
- Ensures the health and safety of members by monitoring
activities, supervising, and intervening in crisis situations
- Provides transportation within the community setting to each
member to access resources and maintain ongoing supports and goal
- Honors all aspects of the Member Rights and adhere to all
policies of confidentiality
- Always represents To The Rescue in a positive and professional manner
to all members, co-workers, interdisciplinary teams, and the general public
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Teamwork Orientation
- Writing skills
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific
thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Have working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Excellence in communication
- Ability to respond well under pressure
The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must
be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private
vehicle coverage. Required to drive all agency vehicles which include vans,
15-passenger van, and Bus.
Provides supervision, training, and guidance to Direct
Support Professional position.
Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization.
This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The work environment is variable, anywhere from office
setting to out in the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to
sit, stand, walk, reach, and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
Frequent travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this
position. Occasionally travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required,
including out of state travel.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.