Job Posting OPEN
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of position/Objective:
Controller is responsible for managing, overseeing and evaluating the daily
operations of the accounting department; preparing financial statements and
related analysis; partnering with department leaders to support understanding,
growth, and savings initiatives; and lead a strong accounting team supporting
several entities in multiple US states.
Essential Duties and
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the
- Promotes and protects the
employer brand and value proposition
- Partners in achieving operational
excellence and business plan goals
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial
statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Partner with department heads to
maximize results and identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead and support accounting team
with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Oversee and manage the general
accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts
receivable, general ledger, payroll and taxes
- Maintain accounting controls:
establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, principles, internal
controls and chart of accounts
- Improve process and procedures
and implement corrective actions
- Perform other duties of a similar
or related level and assist with special projects as necessary
- Four-year degree in accounting,
finance, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience
- Ability to communicate
effectively with co-workers and management about the finances of the business
and justify certain financial recommendations
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with accounting
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft
Excel, Google etc.
- Excellent analytical and
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work independently, as
well as, collaborate with others
- Strong accountability and
- Proven knowledge of accounting
principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations in all areas of
This role leads and manages accounting staff who may be located at
multiple company locations.
The employee must provide and
maintain a valid driver's license the entire duration of their employment, and
must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance.
Typical business office hours
between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. but may vary depending on business and client
needs. This position frequently requires hours that exceed a typical
eight-hour work day and occasionally requires weekend work.
The work environment is consistent with similar office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee at all times to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to speak and hear
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle daily tasks
- The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, squat, stoop and kneel
- The employee continuously uses hand strength to type and operate computer controls
- The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally the employee will lift or move up to 50 pounds
- The employees will frequently push or pull items
- Specific vision requirements include close and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
Occasional travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this position. Occasionally travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.