Job Posting OPEN
Scheduling Coordinator - Home Health Care
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible to coordinate and
maintain scheduling for agency Home Care patients and staff. Project a professional
company image with internal and external stakeholders through in-person and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties include, but
are not limited to, the following:
- Understands and adheres to established agency policies and procedures
- Creates and maintains patient and staff schedules
- Schedules patient(s) appointment/visits according to the plan of care and staff availability.
- Contacts patients and care providers/staff regarding day-to-day changes
- Completes missed visit reports according to discipline and notifies physician timely
- Maintains patient profile information in EMR (electronic medical record)
- Maintains call-in report and coordinates coverage with staff and Clinical Manager
- Performs general office duties including but not limited to word processing, photocopying, filing, shredding, sort/distributing mail, provides reception and telephone services
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information
- Maintains and distributes staff weekly schedules
- Maintains and distributes patient’s monthly schedules
- Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with patients, families, co-workers and referral sources
- Other duties as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED
- Prior scheduling experience preferred
reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
to carry out directions
of a variety of computer software programs and telephone protocol
verbal and written communication skills.
and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job
years of age or older
- Basic medical terminology
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private vehicle coverage.
Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization. This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends and holidays.
The work environment is
consistent with similar office environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee at all times to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to speak and hear
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle daily tasks
- The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, squat, stoop and kneel
- The employee continuously uses hand strength to type and operate computer controls
- The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally the employee will lift or move up to 50 pounds
- The employees will frequently push or pull items
- Specific vision requirements include close and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this position. Occasionally
travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required, including out of state travel.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.