Job Posting OPEN
Home Health Aide
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the
quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically
designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of position/Objective:
Provides direct care to our patients in their residence that includes
daily tasks of living such as bathing, dressing and supportive range of motion
exercises. This position my also include
some light housekeeping duties such as laundry, vacuuming, dusting and meal
Essential Duties and
· Provides services that are ordered in the plan
of care and that the aide is permitted to perform under state law.
· Performs hands on personal care.
· Performs simple procedures as an extension of
the therapy and nursing services as assigned.
· Assistance in ambulation or exercises as
· Understands and adheres to established Agency
policies and procedures.
· Completes appropriate visits records in a timely
manner as per agency policy.
· Reports changes in patient’s condition and needs
to appropriate personnel.
· Performs Household services essential to
healthcare in in the home as assigned.
· Attends in-service and continuing education
programs as scheduled and necessary.
· Attends staff meetings and patient care
conferences as scheduled.
· Follows agency policy for cleaning equipment
between patient uses.
· Carries out reports, and documents care given in
a effective, timely manner as observed by the RN in and through periodic record
· Completes all work assigned by the RN.
· Does not accept assignments for a patient with
special needs for which he/she has not received appropriate training.
· Observes confidentiality and safeguards all
patient related information.
· Reports any variance, accident or unusual
occurrence to the appropriate personnel.
· Participates in QM activities as requested.
Home health aide or caregiving experience.
Sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick or elderly.
Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate
Ability to demonstrate competency in the provision of care and services
safely and effectively.
Demonstrated ability to treat patients with dignity and respect for
person and property.
· Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide
range of intellectual and practical problems.
Have knowledge of auditing and monitoring procedures.
Have working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
Have working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
Proficient with Microsoft Office that includes Word, Excel, Outlook and
the ability to learn computer programs for scheduling and timekeeping.
respond well under pressure.
Assistant certificate preferred.
18 years of age.
High school diploma or GED.
shall possess a valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the agency’s
vehicle insurance and provide proof of private vehicle coverage.
This role will not directly supervise employees.
scheduled between 7AM and 5PM (No On-Call)
environment is consistent with similar office environment settings and also
includes working in patient’s homes.
demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear
and speak. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and
occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this position. Occasionally
travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required, including out of state travel.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or
status as a protected veteran.