Job Posting OPEN
Director of Human Services
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of position/Objective:
The Director of Human Services provides leadership to the Human Services team and builds services and
support systems to improve the lives of clients. This position strives to
support Operational Excellence in service delivery.
Provides direct supervision to team managers and indirect
supervision to all staff in Human Service Department by providing leadership,
direction, providing feedback about performance and encouraging community
involvement and interaction with community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides daily oversight to each area of the Human Services
- Implements and provides oversight for Policies a Procedures for
- Reviews schedules to ensure each schedule is complete, includes
scheduled meetings with staff, member appointments, accurate staffing needs;
supervisor revenue generating hours reflect agency needs, and full-time
employee hours reflect their full-time hour minimums
- Supports Human Resource to ensure requested processes are
followed by the department
- Ensures staffing needs are accurately reflected for department
- Provides oversight of each area through on-site visits as
determined to support Operational Excellence
- Provides leadership to IDT teams as needed to ensure member
service needs are met
- Provides oversight for established billing practices
- Supports the growth plan as outlined by the Human Service
- Teaches core classes at To The Rescue to new hires
- Acts as an active member of the Safety Committee and supports
safety initiatives for the department
- Fills in for Human Service Managers and covers core duties in
- Establishes positive working relationships with Internal and
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior that reflects the
Mission and goals of To The Rescue
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific
thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Have knowledge of auditing and monitoring procedures
- Have working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Have working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to
communicate effectively with staff and provide instruction and direction to
employees on maintaining compliance with policies, rules and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office that includes Word, Excel,
Outlook and the ability to learn computer programs for scheduling and
- Ability to respond well under pressure
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work
or related field and/or four or more years of related experience
- The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must
be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private
- This role supervises Hourly Manager, Employment Manager, and
Day Habilitation Manager.
- Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization.
This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position requires hours that exceed a typical 8-hour work day as needed. This
position alternates on call weeks with the Housing Manager.
- The work environment is consistent with similar office
- The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to
sit, stand, walk, reach, and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
- Frequent travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this
position. Occasionally travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required,
including out of state travel.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified
individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.