Job Posting OPEN
Direct Support Professional – Housing (Weekends)
**$1000.00 Sign-On Bonus**
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of Position/Objective:
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) provides care for individuals with disabilities in their home and community. Primary duties include supporting and assisting individuals in achieving success in their living, working, earning and social environments. The Direct Support Professional assists with daily activities such as meal prep, personal care and medication administration as well as promoting community involvement through outings and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Adheres to and upholds To The Rescue’s values and policies
- Manages day to day activities of each member assigned to your caseload to maintain and ensure that all supports for essential life services and entitlement programs are met
- Provides direct care according to the member plan and support needs
- Provides Medication Administration to members served as outlined by the member plan, and policies
- Complete documentation timely to ensure billing of services
- Ensures all current goals and ongoing supports are provided as stated in the members plan
- Observes and supervises members’ activities
- Attends training seminars, in-service sessions, and staff meetings
- Ensures the health and safety of members by monitoring activities, supervising, and intervening in crisis situations
- Honors all aspects of the Member Rights and adhere to all policies of confidentiality
- Always represents To The Rescue in a positive and professional manner to all members, co-workers, interdisciplinary teams, and the general public
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Communication Proficiency
- Writing skills
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Have working knowledge of privacy laws and regulations.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private vehicle coverage.
Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization. This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays dependent upon business need.
Asleep overnight shifts include sleep hours and working hours. Typical sleep time hours for sleep overnight shifts are limited to 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. There may be times when staff will need to be awake during all overnight shift related hours based on member needs.
Employees working awake overnight shifts are expected to be awake the entire shift and receives a shift differential from 11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
The work environment is variable, anywhere from office setting to a hospital/clinic to out in the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
Frequent travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this position. Occasionally travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.