Job Posting OPEN
Support Specialist II, Bookstore
This position requires administrative support skills and the ability to organize multiple activities and duties, including special events. The individual in this position assists with coordination of daily activities, events and communications necessary to effectively manage the unit to which they are assigned.
FLSA & EMPLOYOMENT STATUS: This position is a non-exempt, full-time benefitted position
SALARY: Range of E4-5, $32,966 - $48,728, based on experience and qualification
- High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree or certificate from a two-year college is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years full-time retail/customer service experience required.
- Computer proficiency required.
- One year of bookkeeping experience preferred.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Create and maintain lists, spreadsheets and other documents to accurately track assigned projects
- Proofread drafts and correct grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation on correspondence and documents
- Organize and maintain office files using standard records management procedures
- Work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as a scanner, fax machine, copier, postage meter, etc.
- Financial duties including but not limited to:
- Accounts receivable invoicing
- Daily paperwork
- Accurate handling of cash/credit transactions and reconciliation
- Database update of student financial information
- Prepare testing materials for shipment and obtain necessary approval and verification for managers
- Greet Bookstore customers and process retail transactions
- Process outgoing shipments
- Receive incoming phone orders and fulfill them accurately
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills such as:
- Prepare accurate reports from varied information
- Independently compose drafts of correspondence
- Communicate effectively with others both individually and in groups
- Understand and follow advanced written and verbal instructions including, but not limited to:
- Assimilating knowledge of institutional policies and procedures
- Independently follow departmental guidelines and procedures
- Complete projects in an effective and timely manner with strict adherence to guidelines
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handle records and information and always observe strict confidentiality
- Prepare final documents from rough draft or plain copy
- Process incoming correspondence
- Assist in other units as needed
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally
- Maintain a schedule of appointments for areas assigned
- Assist others in the preparation of documents as needed
- Screen and process incoming correspondence
- Accumulate and organize pertinent data and put it into a functional form
- Receive calls and visitors in accordance with office policy
- Order and maintain supplies necessary for the efficient functioning of the assigned unit or program
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Always demonstrate integrity and discretion
- Complete application files must be submitted online by 4:00 p.m., Friday, September 23, 2022
- A complete file consists of :
- AFC employment application
- Current resume addressing how the applicant fulfills both the required and preferred qualifications listed on this job announcement
- Copy of diploma or transcripts, verifying education requirements
NOTE: Failure to receive any item listed above by the closing date will result in disqualification of consideration for this position.
- The Alabama Fire College may extend the application deadline to ensure and adequate pool of qualified applicants.
- Prior to a job offer being made, an applicant may be required to submit to employment verifications from current and prior employers.
- The application form is available on the Job Board on the Alabama Fire College website, www.alabamafirecollege.org
Individuals selected as finalists will be invited for an interview. A maximum of three finalists will be recommended to the Executive Director for consideration. The Executive Director may select one of the recommended applicants to fill the vacancy or may choose to reopen the application and selection process. Applicants must travel at their own expenses. Applicants requiring accommodations to complete the application and/or interview process should notify us at 205-343-7403.
The Alabama Fire College is an equal opportunity employer, drug free work workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. It is the official policy of the Alabama Fire College that all applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all qualified persons.