Job Posting OPEN
Direct Support Professional - Day Program **$1000.00 Sign-On Bonus**
**$1,000.00 Sign-On Bonus**
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of Position/Objective:
Day Program is a habilitative program for adults with
intellectual and developmental disabilities.
We are first and foremost responsible for the consumers’ well-being and
safety. Day Program is centered on both
facility and non-facility based activities.
While at the facility, our consumers experience group discussions that
are led and taught by the Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) including group
games, simple educational lessons (i.e. reading, writing, math, money skills,
etc.), arts and crafts projects and living skills focused on increasing
independence. Day Program also offers outings
including nature trips, museum visits, recreational activities, and volunteer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must pass DOT physical and be able to drive To The Rescue
buses and shuttles (minimum age requirement is 25 years of age)
- Lead activities and interact with consumers
- Administer medication (after QMAP certification)
- Help consumers utilize the restrooms
- Fill out Provider Notes and other documentation on a daily
- Help with lunch preparation and feeding
- Check consumers in and out of center
- Provide appropriate supervision to consumers at all times
- Communicate with Day Program Manager or designated lead on
issues requiring further attention & follow up; for example, an incident
requiring documentation and communication to a parent or guardian
- All other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Have patience, compassion and empathy
- Well organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
The employee must provide and
maintain a valid driver's license the entire duration of their employment, and
must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance.
Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization.
This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays
dependent upon business need.
The work environment is variable, anywhere from office
setting to a hospital/clinic to out in the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand,
walk, reach, and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
Frequent travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this
position. Occasionally travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required.
Location: Parker, CO
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.