Job Posting OPEN
Summary of position/Objective:
The Construction Supervisor provides oversight and direction to construction projects as well as To The Rescue support for all maintenance and repair as needed. This person will interact with customers and subcontractors on a daily
basis and is expected to represent To The Rescue and PRK Williams Construction & Remodeling in the most positive and professional manner possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Keeps a working list of all active and upcoming projects
- Monitors and reports on progress of the project to management
- Communicates with subcontractors, verifying work is complete
- Provide crews with preliminary project detail before each project start
- Act as point of contact for on-site construction team and provide guidance
- Assists with the plan, schedule and construction project activities to meet deadlines
- Proactively establishes and maintains effective working team relationships
- Assists with tracking project deliverables
- Assists with the inspections or project reviews to ensure compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Provides excellent customer service internally and externally
- Ensures that all customer complaints are documented, acted upon and monitored until issues are settled within their
scope of authority
- Assists with owner walk-throughs as required by project
- Attends necessary company meetings
- Keep and maintain a working inventory of all tools and supplies
- Assists General Manager with daily functions, and project planning
- Any other function that assists in the success of PRK Williams Construction & Remodeling and To The Rescue
- 3+ years construction or related experience
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with all groups of people (Homeowners, Managers, Subcontractors)
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with residents, vendors, customers and internal departments
- Ability to lift material and stand for long periods of time
- Proficient with computer programs including Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Positive attitude and self-motivated
The employee shall possess a valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance and provide proof of private vehicle coverage.
This is a full-time position. Regular days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 to 4:30 p.m. The position will also be expected to be available outside regular working hours as business needs require.
The work environment is consistent with similar office environment settings, exterior work including inclement weather may be required, and community-based settings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee at all times to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to have manual and finger dexterity to operate a computer. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand for extended periods of time, walk, reach, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. This position requires the employee to have the ability to move around on a job site that does not have level clean surfaces. This position requires the employee to be able to drive a vehicle.
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to speak and hear.
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to have manual and finger dexterity to operate a computer
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel
objects, tools or controls.
- The employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to reach, climb, bend, squat, stoop and kneel.
- The employee occasionally uses hand strength to grasp tools and climb ladders.
- The employee will occasionally lift or move up to 75 pounds.
- The employees will occasionally push or pull items such as tables, chairs, scaffolds and air compressors.
- Specific vision requirements include close and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- This position requires the employee to have the ability to move around on a job site that does not have level clean surfaces.
- This position requires the employee to be able to drive a vehicle.
Frequent travel within a 50-mile radius is expected for this position. Occasionally travel beyond a 50-mile radius may be required, including out of state travel.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
PRK Williams Construction & Remodeling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.