Job Posting OPEN
Accounts Receivable Specialist
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
Summary of Position/Objective:
The Accounts Receivable
Specialist will be responsible for the accurate and timely billing of services
to private pay customers, managed care, Medicare, and Medicaid claims.
Posting of payments, verification of authorizations, claims resolution and
accounts receivable follow-up of outstanding balances.
Essential Duties and
- Prepares invoices according to
- Reviews and transmits claims
using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Works closely with internal
departments to verify all authorizations, codes, and modifiers are valid and
- Posts, verifies, and records
customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable
- Maintains and updates customer
files, including name or address changes or mailing attentions
- Corresponds with customers and
claims representatives regarding delinquent accounts
- Maintains accounts receivable
aging log to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied,
uncollected amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are
- Timely submits claim corrections
and resubmission of invoices and claims when necessary
- Maintains strict confidentiality
with all client information
- Performs other related duties as
- Excellent verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs
- Ability to work independently and
in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
and attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- At least two years of medical
billing experience preferred
- Proficiency at QuickBooks Online
The employee shall possess a
valid driver’s license and must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance
and provide proof of private vehicle coverage.
Hours are varied depending on the
needs of the organization. Hours reflect those of typical business
work environment is consistent with similar office environment settings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee at all times to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to speak and hear
- While performing these duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle daily tasks
- The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee is frequently required to reach, bend, squat, stoop and kneel
- The employee continuously uses hand strength to type and operate computer controls
- The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Occasionally the employee will lift or move up to 50 pounds
- The employees will frequently push or pull items
- Specific vision requirements include close and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
Travel is not required for this position.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.